The directive is reportedly the result of a security threat and could be announced as soon as Tuesday.
"We will share any further information once shared with us", a spokesperson for Royal Jordanian Airlines said.
The new rule is expected to be announced as early as Monday night by the Department of Homeland Security, the officials said, adding that it had been under consideration since the US government learned of a threat several weeks ago.
Royal Jordanian published a statement on the matter on its official Twitter account, but then deleted the tweet a short while later. The only devices to be excluded from the ban are cell phones and medical devices needed during the flight.
In a statement, Royal Jordanian said it would ban all laptops, tablets, cameras, DVD players and electronic games from being taken into the passenger cabin.
Passengers travelling from about a dozen countries will be barred from carrying most electronic devices on US-bound flights, officials tell United States media.
"This announcement is effective starting with March 21, 2017, and the instructions will be applied on the New York, Chicago, Detroit and Montreal flights, the last two destinations served by a combined flight", reads the announcement, which was saved by both news outlets before it was deleted. The AP reported that the ban has been under consideration for weeks, and that Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly "phoned lawmakers over the weekend to brief them on aviation security issues that have prompted the impending electronics ban".
Royal Jordanian said it was following "instructions from the concerned United States departments" and would ban "laptops, cameras, DVD players, and electronic games" from the flight cabins.
Representatives for the Transportation Security Administration and the Trump administration have yet to confirm or deny the reports.
Royal Jordanian did not immediately respond to a request for comment.